Let's face it, trimming sucks—that's probably why you're on this page looking for a bud trimming solution that'll take the place of hand trimming.
Whether you're a home grower or a commercial grower, bud trimmers are a scalable solution for those who looking to save in both time and labor costs as your production scales up.
Bud trimmers have come a long way as they churn perfectly manicured buds that cannot be distinguished from buds that were hand trimmed; preserving the structure and integrity of the terpenes.
Furthermore, bud trimmers typically pay for themselves within the first or second harvest since you'll no longer need to hire as many people to trim your buds laboriously by hand during harvest season. Check out our Bud Trimmer ROI Calculator to find out how fast a bud trimmer can pay for itself.
Wet Trimming vs Dry Trimming
Unfortunately, the answer to this question isn't as black and white since there are advantages and disadvantages to each. Here are some of them laid out below:
- Simple and fast; buds can be fed to the machine right after harvest.
- It takes less space since buds don't have to be dried.
- Flowers may not be as flavorful or aromatic.
- Molds could develop due to excess moisture.
- Flowers are more flavorful, richer and color and aromatic.
- More pleasant smoking experience.
- Time-consuming and more tedious to dry the buds in a dedicated climate-controlled space.
Shop Bud Trimmers